Sing and Learn While Working
Berkshire Choral International offers a competitive apprentice program for professional-track undergraduate and graduate students. It’s an opportunity for singers, accompanists, and choral conductors (all must sing) to intensively study and rehearse major orchestral works with eminent conductors.
- Five hours of choral rehearsals each day
- Classes taught by our professional music staff
- Private lessons and coaching
- Master classes
- Group recital
- Participation in Saturday night concert
We will be taking apprentices to Baltimore, MD (June 10-17, 2018), Saratoga Springs, NY (June 17-24, 2018), Fullerton, CA (July 1-8, 2018), and Newcastle/Durham, UK (July 29-August 5, 2018). You may apply for more than one venue.
Room, board, travel stipend
As an apprentice, you’ll receive room and board, a travel stipend, and all the vocal scores. In return, you’ll be required to assist in various ways, including facilitating rehearsals for the soloists, conductors, and orchestra and assisting staff on registration days.
Application deadline: February 1, 2018
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating the venue for which you are applying (you may apply for more than one venue)
- Resume that includes date of birth, musical and educational accomplishments, information about general interests, and computer competency level
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or coach
- MP3 file or CD of three contrasting art songs or arias, sung in two languages
- Conductors and accompanists must also submit visual and aural representations of their work
Electronic submissions are preferred
Please submit your materials to Chorister Services Director Cynthia Pease: email@example.com Before sending large files, please contact Ms. Pease at 413-229-1254 so she can assure that your submission is received properly.
Berkshire Choral International
245 North Undermountain Road
Sheffield, MA 01257