Is Berkshire Choral for you?
Yes, you are an amateur singer, but your vocal quality, level of preparation, and willingness to work are vital to the success of the experience for everyone.
You do not have to audition to be accepted nor do we have an upper age limit. However, during your singing week you may be evaluated for your vocal ability and preparation. Whatever your age, we ask you to self-evaluate your musical ability and physical stamina.
- At least 18 years old?
- Passionate about choral music?
- A regular participant in organized singing?
- Able to read music?
- Able to follow and take direction from a conductor?
- Able to perform, independently, your voice part in SATB choral music of moderate difficulty?
- Willing to study your part before you arrive? (You will receive a study CD.)
- Willing to attend two rehearsals each day?
- Able to spend significant time on your feet?
- Able to get around a sprawling campus?
If you answered yes to all of the questions listed above, you are ready to apply! If you have any questions about your musical or physical ability as it relates to singing with BCI, please contact Chorister Services Director, Lindsey Jacquier at email@example.com or 413-229-1254.